Thursday, June 7, 2012

Project 8

Project 8 was dubstep. And it was awesome. If i didnt get off to such a slow start it would have been way better. So, this was started off by making a half time drum beat, a staple of dubstep. My loop was made by having a highhat on every first beat and a kick on only the very fist. I also had a snare on the third. My other drum beat is identical, except it has one more highhat hit. I actually lied, i have two more drum beats. Alright, the other one is identical to the last, except it has one more snare hit/bass kick. The last one has a kick on the first and third, three highhat hits, and two snare. I made a sound in 3xOsc which had a square wave in every oscillator. It has a low delay, lower attack, and medium amount and speed. The pitch is very high. This was the base for all of my sounds, they are just different in pitch. For the "drop", i have two notes in different pitch stretched out, and i made an automation clip that made the pitch drop down. I then put a sound that is a bunch of notes playing at the same time. It sounds kind of like a laser, so i just tossed it after the drop. I brought the pitch back up and put in one of my sounds. I made a bass to go with it that is identical. I alternated between a few sounds and added my wobble bass automation clip. I made it fast at some parts, and slow at others. Variation. When i had time a put in a synced explosion, but i didnt have time to do much more. I almost forgot, i accidentally added gross beat, and something messed up when i saved it so i couldnt take it off. I didnt think it was much of an issue though, i didnt really sound that bad, so i left it. I switched up my drum beats every once in a while, took them out, etc. I put a volume fade out at the end. I had a lot of fun with this project, i just wish i started better so i had more time. I almost forgot this too: the mood is supposed to be sort of high and happy until the drop, where the pitch gets lower. Enjoi!!!! :D

1 comment:

  1. You did a fantastic job here. I like your 3xosc very much. Good control over the LFO.

    ReplyDelete