Thursday, June 7, 2012

Project 7

Alright, I've said this before, but its been quite a while sense i have done this, so bear with me please. I am not spelling well right now either haha. Here it goes: i accidentally made another spacey-techno one, i dont know how, but i did. It's made to be pretty slow. Because it is the sytrus project, of course i made some sounds in it. My first sound in sytrus was a sine waveform and the filter type is SVF.the waveshaper mix know if very high. the volume envelope goes from low, to high, to medium, to low. under FX, i have the chorus order at 9. i have no delay in unit 1 or the reverb unit. On my second sytrus sound, i have a sawtooth wave shape. For the volume envelope, i have it starting very high, curving to the middle, and getting very low very fast. In FX, i have the chorus order set on one and i do have delay in delay unit 1 but not the reverb unit. I then made a chord progression with the first one, which was B4-A4-E4, E5-A#4-F4, F5-A#4-F4. The chord progression with the second sound is too much work to type out, hahaha. I made another one that i also dont want to type out. The drum loops in this song are primarily cymbal hits. The first loop is just two cymbal hits and one kick. The second one is cymbal hits on every one beat, except the end where it's on the three and four. I arranged all the sounds and had the master volume fade out at the end. Like i sort of said before, this is meant to be kind of spacey and light feeling. Enjoi.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of the pitch envelope. I can hear your volume envelope clearly too. I'd like to hear more texture in your writing. Bass, chords and melody. Your music tends to be one idea at a time, and I'd like to see you expand into multiple textures at once.

    ReplyDelete