Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Project 5

This was the most fun project yet in my opinion. For this project, i wanted a low-pitched, deep sound. It wasn't meant to be too fast, and I wanted to keep it slow, which I did. I started by opening Poizone and making a sound that would be in the background for the whole song. For this sound, I didn't really mess with oscillator A, but in oscillator B, I turned the pitch all the way down. I also turned the transgate all the way up. I next added a very simple drum beat to open the song. It was just bass kicks on every other first beat. I added another drum loop after that which kept the same kick pattern, but added four notes of both high-hat and snare. Then came my second sound, which is identical to the first, but i made a pattern out of it, and changed the pitch of some of the notes. After that, i made a third drum beat, which was just a kick-snare pattern. I made an ADDITIONAL beat after that, with the kick on every first and a lot of high-hat and snare again. Following this, i made a third sound, which had the balance oscillator 3/4's of the way up, and the pitch all the way down. I made the chorus and the transgate very saturated. This sound was merely a transition. I created a final sound, which had very low pitch, high balance, high cutoff, and an up/down pattern at 1/16 beats. I made the volume fade out at the end. That's all of it. I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I hear the richness of the bass sound you created, and I really like the line but I';m missing the overall song structure. Is there another part? maybe a melody? Some sort of contrasting figure?
    You do get 2 oscillators in PoiZone.Part of the assignment was to use them together. By turnining one of them off, you short-changed yourself.

    ReplyDelete